It’s that time of year when I come to you in full That’s So Raven Mode and share my bold but fully informed 2023 predictions for social media!
These prediction episodes are fun and necessary because as you make your business goals for 2023, you need a strategy to reach their goals. As the importance of social media continues to grow in the online marketing space, getting ahead of the curve is what can help you use social media as a real tool to grow your business.
So listen to today’s episode as I reflect on the past year's trends and share my top five predictions for the world of social media marketing.
In this episode of the podcast, I talk about:
- Why it might be time to hop on the trend train
- Strategies & Tactics 101
- The 2023 Social Slowdown
- The influence of TikTok
- My (almost) failed predictions over the last three years
- My on-the-nose predictions over the last three years
- How Gen Z is using social media
- My Big 5 Predictions For 2023
- My word for 2023
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Sendible Social Media Management Tool
The all-in-one social media management tool that my agency uses every day to schedule posts and analyze our social media results. Try them out for yourself today.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “Strategy, for example, is deciding to…go out into the world, share your message and you're going to use the medium of video. A tactic is deciding to post on TikTok two times a week. That's a tactic, right? – Andréa Jones
- “I think we're going to see a little bit of a slowdown in some of the shifts that have been happening in social media for the past couple of years because three years ago, Instagram reels did not exist. TikTok was just a little kernel of an idea.” – Andréa Jones
- “I predicted that in 2021 and it is here, and it is thriving and bumping and grinding, and we all love a good interactive video. We love to use a poll feature in an Instagram story. We like to see stickers and movement and filters in the video as well. So that's here to stay.” – Andréa Jones
- “We are starting to see that now with Instagram delivering content in our feed from people we do not follow, which is a huge win for business owners. This means that your content is potentially going to be delivered to people who don't know you. So it increases that discoverability factor.” – Andréa Jones
- “So there is a New York Times article that recently came out that talked about how Gen Z is using TikTok as a search engine. In the article, there was a quote from Google's senior vice president that says almost 40% of people when they're looking for a place for lunch don't go to Google Maps or search. They go to TikTok.” – Andréa Jones
- “It's really hard to discern as the end user what's real and what's fake. So as a business owner, I think what's challenging is that our audience is becoming more discerning, and we need to send out signals to our audience that say, Hey, we're a real business here, a real person. We are not fake. And I think that's a big uphill battle to climb.” – Andréa Jones
- “People want to feel seen and heard. They don't want to feel sold to. So that community advocacy piece is going to be vital here. We're not looking for influencers who are paid to talk about what we do. We're looking for real humans to talk about what we do in a real way and share what we do with their friends.” – Andréa Jones
- “It's actually great news that we don't need to have perfectly polished content on social media. One of the tactics that's working on Instagram right now is simple posts. I touched on this last year. A white background and black text. Looks like you took a screenshot of your Notes App vibe. That actually works really well for business owners. The overly designed, perfectly polished isn't working.” – Andréa Jones
Special thanks to Bubba Carter for sending in his question
Savvy Social School
Free Social Media Rockstar Framework strategy course
Episode 75 – Social Media Marketing: 2020 Predictions & Trends
Episode 129 – End of Year Review – 2020 Edition & 2021 Predictions
Episode 177 – 4 Social Media Marketing Trends to Watch in 2022
For Gen Z, TikTok Is the New Search Engine by Kalley Huang
AI Tweet Generator
Lyndsay Clements of Ellen Grace Marketing
Lanie Lamarre of OMGrowth!
I read it yesterday, but I had some thoughts about it, so I wanted to reread it today because it is so well written