There’s no denying these past two years have turned the world on its head—including social media. Because these platforms are, after all, society’s mirror.
How can you stay relevant?
Use these 6 tactics to harness the shifting tides of social media in 2022.
In this episode of the podcast, I talk about:
- 4 trends for social media marketers and business owners to watch in 2022
- The simple tactic TikTokers are using to blow up right now (& you can too)
- Short vs. long content: what's winning in 2022?
- The TikTok tactic that makes selling cold audiences on your content waaay easier
- Why breaking this social media marketing taboo is your ticket to TikTok success
- The 2022 prediction that'll save you time on content creation
- #1 shift that’ll make it easier for your business to get in front of new audiences next year
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “In the past year or two, the state of marketing has changed. It is wild how rapidly online marketing has changed. It has suddenly become very noisy and crowded.”
- “TikTok literally changed the scope and the state of social media.”
- “The brands that have very simple concepts—and the brands that are focused on building that big personality that's memorable—are winning right now.”
- “When it comes to social media, you have three seconds to capture someone's attention, and they're moving on looking for more content. Consumers are more discerning because there are more options out there for them.”
- “I personally love social media marketing. It's so different from a radio ad or a billboard where you just see it and you think, “that's nice.” Whereas with social media, you can actually interact with it. You can leave comments.”
- “That understanding is what builds communities. It's creating its own language. It's creating its own way of participating and interacting. It's creating its own rules.”
- “For businesses, there's a shift away from brands being brands and a shift towards brands being media and marketing companies.”
Episode 75: Social Media Marketing: 2020 Predictions & Trends
Episode 173: What is TikTok & How Can You Use It for Your Business?
Emily Hirsh's The Not For Lazy Marketers Podcast