Chances are if you feel the need to delete your social media apps, it’s because you feel overwhelmed by it or think you’re spending too much time on it. The good news is you’re not alone! Research shows habitual social media use is common so I’m sharing 4 easy steps to help you reclaim your control over social media!
In this podcast episode, I share:
- Step 1: Figure out your relationship with social media.
- Step 2: Turn off your notifications instead of deleting your apps.
- Step 3: Get in the habit of checking social media on your terms.
- Step 4: Do more of what you like on social media.
Listen to the episode here:
- “If you can’t define what you’re getting from social media then it’s going to be really hard to manage it.”
- “Turning off notifications drastically changed my relationship with social media because now I’m back in control of how I navigate the apps.”
- “Check social media once or twice a day, for business, during business hours—that’s it. You’re allowed to be closed.”
- “There’s an expectation that we’re always on and that we’re always available, and that’s NOT true.”
- “I get to enjoy the things that I like, when I like, and then when I’m working, I’m working.”