Before anyone will actually buy your services, donate to your cause, or subscribe to your show or newsletter, they need to know, like, and trust you. Developing this kind of connection requires a strong brand voice and a clear understanding of your audience. Helen Tremethick talks with me about how to find your brand voice, using your brand voice on social media, inspiration for creating content your audience wants, and so much more!
In this podcast episode, we share:
- What attracted Helen to a career in copywriting and communication
- How Helen helps her clients identify their brand voice
- Why business owners and entrepreneurs struggle to find a path for their brand
- Why Helen’s methodology is called “Captivate”
- The importance of understanding who you are and who your people are
- Suggestions for building a “know, like, trust” appeal with your audience
- How creating a brand voice evolves during the rebranding process
- The benefit of a strategic plan for content and using a brand voice road map
- Why it’s valuable to know what your audience wants and what will resonate with them
- Tips for those who need writing inspiration and the power of free writing
- Details about Helen’s Copy Courage Program
Listen to the episode here:
- “We teach what we need to learn.”
- “In order to create a solid brand voice, you need to know who you’re talking to, not just what you stand for.”
- “Get to know your people, know what you want to say to them.”
- “What are they feeling right now? What are the problems that you’ll solve and what does that feel like to them?”
- “You need to have a plan as to what you’re going to share and how that supports how you’re trying to serve.”
- “When you have a brand that wants to elevate other people, it’s helpful to share what elevates you.”
About Helen Tremethick
Helen Tremethick is a brand voice strategist and copy coach whose values-driven approach to communications helps scaling entrepreneurs and small businesses move their businesses into the next sphere with just the right amount of love and badassery. Helen is the CEO of The Communications Distillery, a boutique branding studio located in an old farmhouse in the middle of the Ontario countryside.
Connect with Helen:
Copy Courage Program
Free Copywriting Guide and 4-part learning series that will help you on the path to realigning your message with who you are and who you serve.
This Episode Is Made Possible By:
- Social Report: The world’s most complete social media management platform and my social media management tool of choice.
- Savvy Social School: Everything you need to increase visibility, growth, and engagement on social media
Andréa Jones is a social media strategist who works with lifestyle brands to build their online presence through targeted social media and content marketing solutions. She's also the founder of SavvySocialSchool.com – a membership community with everything you need to achieve visibility, growth, and engagement on social media.