Online marketing, email marketing, social media marketing—it can all be awkward and uncomfortable, especially if you’re a new entrepreneur or business owner! Rachael Kay Albers from Awkward Marketing joins me today to share where the best content comes from, what tools you need for your online business, how to repurpose and share your episodes on social media, and the value of getting your audience involved in your process!
In this podcast episode, we share:
- Rachael’s background and where she gets her comedic content
- What inspired Rachael’s first Facebook Live video
- The most common patterns Rachael sees in marketing
- Rachael’s process for scripting characters for her episodes
- How Rachael leverages her audience when creating content
- Tips for resharing different segments of previously used video content on social media
- How Rachael streamlines the work involved in creating each show
- The wins Rachael has experienced from creating amazing content
- What online tools Rachael recommends for those just starting their own show
- How frustration influences Rachael’s content and lead magnet
Listen to the episode here:
- The more you dive into the world of online marketing, the more it’s impossible not to make fun of it.
- The best content always comes from the patterns I see.
- You need to be spending a significant chunk of your time on a regular basis creating dynamic content—and it’s worth it.
- It’s not just that people are consuming the content. It’s that they’re implementing it in their businesses and it’s giving them a-ha moments.
- If you want to get people talking about your brand, creating epic, unforgettable content is one way to do it.
Meet Rachael Kay Albers:
Rachael Kay Albers is the creative director of RKA ink, a creative studio based outside Chicago, Rachael has helped hundreds of thought leaders and visionary entrepreneurs all over the world stand out online without selling their soul or playing the manipulation game.
When not crafting epic, unforgettable brands for her clients, Rachael hosts Awkward Marketing, a business comedy show blending fun-sized small business advice with storytelling and sketch comedy. Think of her as the one-woman SNL of biz TV.
Connect with Rachael:
Don’t Hire A Web Designer
Let’s Do Launch
This Episode Is Made Possible By:
- Social Report: The world’s most complete social media management platform and my social media management tool of choice.
- Savvy Social School: Everything you need to increase visibility, growth, and engagement on social media
Andréa Jones is a social media strategist who works with lifestyle brands to build their online presence through targeted social media and content marketing solutions. She’s also the founder of SavvySocialSchool.com – a membership community with everything you need to achieve visibility, growth, and engagement on social media.