Twitter is a handy social media platform for business whether you're just starting out or running a successful corporation. You want to get the biggest bang for your buck out of the 140 characters you have; but let's face it, sometimes it's hard to keep your Twitter account exciting, informative, and engaging for your audience.
Most of your tweets should be about helping others, but you also need to inject some personality, to put the “social” into social networking and help people get to know you. It's a good idea to follow the 80/20 rule.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Promote your products or services no more than 20% of the time. The other 80% is for socializing.” quote=”Promote your products or services no more than 20% of the time. The other 80% is for socializing.”]
You also want to keep in mind that Twitter is not just a place to broadcast advertisements about your brand; it is all about the conversation and building genuine relationships with users. Finding that balance between promoting your own content and being engaging is difficult. So where do you start? To ease your pain, I've created a list of 25 things to tweet that will guide you towards sharing the right content for your business.
Things To Tweet When The Tweeting Gets Tough
1. Share content from other bloggers, industry professionals, and media outlets.
2. Snap an action shot of your product or service and share it on Twitter.
3. Link to videos or podcasts that relate to your industry.
4. Create an inspirational phrase or quote that will engage your audience.
Your body is your home! pic.twitter.com/I7hnETWY1s
— shesiquemagazine (@shesiquemag) April 16, 2015
5. Take advantage of a trending hashtag and relate it to your brand.
6. Conduct a poll and encourage your followers to participate in it.
7. Help your fans out by sharing an industry related tip or trick.
#HappySaturday It is important to stay well hydrated, so drink at least 1 liter of water daily. http://t.co/ulY7mTAhy0 — Andréa Christine (@SimplyFashionTV) April 4, 2015
8. Tweet about an event you’ll be attending.
9. Share a photo of others doing something interesting.
10. Let people know something funny that happened in the office or an anecdote that relates to your niche.
11. Retweet something related to your brand.
12. Post local news about your state, city, province, or country.
13. Tell a joke with a tweet.
14. Celebrate a milestone such as an employee of the month or a major sale going well.
15. Share time or money saving tips and tricks. Something outside of what you sell but still in your niche.
If you put a garment on two times then immediately take it off, it's time to let it go. #stylechat
— No Sacrifice® Bags (@nosacrificebags) April 1, 2015
16. Post quotes from influential people in your industry.
17. Preview one of your new products.
18. Ask a question that requires a specific answer.
Which outfit is your favorite! Left, Middle, or Right? http://t.co/Y72v9lTvp9 — Legacy (@iwearlegacy) April 15, 2015
19. Thank your followers and acknowledge their loyalty.
20. Ask for opinions on your products or services.
21. Tweet fill-in-the-blank questions.
22. Share reviews of your product and service that are located on other platforms like Yelp, Etsy, or Trip Advisor.
23. Promote charities and non-profits by sharing their goals and causes.
24. Recommend others to follow on Twitter.
25. Tweet this post so others can know what to tweet about when they are at a loss! >> Click To Tweet<<
Tell me, what do when you're at a loss for things to tweet? Leave a comment below!