Just because you are suddenly experiencing low engagement on social media doesn’t mean it’s time to fly the white flag of surrender. It’s time to try something new!
You’re not alone in playing detective and trying to discover what’s going on with the algorithm and why your engagement is dropping. I have seen it for myself while auditing my clients’ accounts. The results can be a little nerve-racking, but that’s why I’m here today.
In this episode, I want to calm your nerves about low engagement and give you some proven engagement-busting strategies that can help breathe new life into your social media accounts.
It’s time to have fun again using social media as a tool to grow your business!
In this episode of the podcast, I talk about:
- The main culprit for the lack of engagement
- Why you can expect July & December to be the WORST
- Why search and video consumption jump at the end of the year
- Real World Social Media Audits and what the results mean for you
- The #1 thing I see accounts NOT doing on Instagram
- The Rinse & Repeat Strategy
- Why engagement does not always equal good engagement
- The danger of tying your self-worth to your engagement
- The reason you don’t need 100K followers
- Private Success Signals
- Public Success Signals
- Why the Algorithm is not out to destroy you & what it really wants
- The human nature factor behind the success of videos on social media
- My Engagement Busting Content Strategy
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Sendible Social Media Management Tool
The all-in-one social media management tool that my agency uses every day to schedule posts and analyze our social media results. Try them out for yourself today.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “In August of 2022, I audited about a dozen profiles in the community, and here's what I found. Engagement was quite low across the board, but also, there were lots of opportunities for improvement.” – Andréa Jones
- “Every single year, we see engagement kind of taper off near the end of December. Now, this isn't for all brands or all accounts, but the majority of accounts may see this. We do see slight variances in certain accounts. So, for example, if you're a health and fitness person, you actually may see things uptick after the Christmas holidays.” – Andréa Jones
- “So what do I mean by optimize? Making sure your name is fully visible and adding keywords. If you can, make sure your profile photo is clear. Making sure you're using some of the profile features like Instagram highlights. Making sure that your profile is cohesive. So making sure that it's fully optimized is key.” – Andréa Jones
- “I challenge you right now to go in your analytics, whether that's Instagram or Twitter or LinkedIn, and look at your top performing posts across all categories. Not just for engagement. For clicks, for website traffic and try to replicate those results. Sometimes we don't take time to look back and see what's working and try to repeat that.” – Andréa Jones
- “The last thing I noticed when auditing all of these profiles is that quality beats quantity every single time. So those people in my membership community who really focus on creating great content outperform those who are just ticking off the box every week of producing content.” – Andréa Jones
- “Really taking the time to have quality content, which means you may have less content, but that quality content actually serves a bigger purpose in your business. It actually helps you get to the goals that you want to get to instead of creating content for the sake of creating content.” – Andréa Jones
- “We're tying our self-worth to engagement. We're afraid that if people aren't liking and commenting on our content, then they must not like our business. Or if we're not seeing those follower numbers grow, then we must not have value in our business. And I'm here to tell you that's not true.” – Andréa Jones
- “The word social comes first. And oftentimes, we put the word media first, and we end up creating a bunch of media products. And we forget that there's a community element to social media. There's an element of, we're all kind of participating in this space together.” – Andréa Jones
- “Instagram isn't here as a charity. It's a business as well. So they want attention so they can sell more ad space. So if your content isn't getting attention, then they are not going to send it out. So you've got a half a second to capture someone's attention on Instagram.” – Andréa Jones
- “Here's why something that's a little bit shocking, right? So with the shocking hooks or headlines, what you're thinking about is stopping someone in their tracks. So when we think about our posts on social media, they're mixed with hundreds of thousands of other social media content pieces, and it can be very challenging to stand out. And so sometimes these shocking, jarring hooks and headlines can really help people pause.” – Andréa Jones
- “They love the Instagram Bootcamp because it helped them stick with something for a period of time versus posting once and then forgetting about it and not feeling like it's working. And that not feeling like it's working feeling, it’s very common with business owners. So I want you to stick with it. Anything I mention here today, I want you to commit to it.” – Andréa Jones
Join us for our Video Confidence Challenge inside the Savvy Social School
Episode 219 – How I Helped 3 of My Clients Go Viral (Over 3 Million Views!)