Even though I may host this podcast solo, this show is far from a solo effort. I’ve worked hard to surround myself with an amazing team and I know how incredibly valuable it is to connect and work with others who understand and support your passion and goals.
Danielle Desir has successfully created a supportive online community and she shares tips for how to leverage your own online community, the power of organic growth, how to nurture conversations and connection within a community and so much more!
In this podcast episode, we share:
- How Danielle’s travel blog started and how it led to her work with podcasters
- What led Danielle to create her own campaign for women of color podcasters
- How Danielle sparked engagement and nurtured her initial Facebook group community
- What it means to be a leader that fosters organic growth in a community
- Different suggestions for monetizing and mobilizing your community with value adds
- Advice for building a community that attracts the people you want
- Danielle’s process for connecting and collaborating with community members
- Why in person connections are crucial, even for an online community
- How being open to implementing new ideas has impacted Danielle’s personal brand
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
- “We get stuck on this idea that being a leader means that we need to have all of the conversations…but you’re saying…allow the member’s voices to shine through.”
- “As community participants we don’t really see behind the scenes of the challenges or the ups and downs of everything.”
- “As you create your community, it’s important to share your vulnerable moments—it helps your community relate to you more.”
- “We all want the REAL. We don’t want the perfectly polished.”
- “You can’t replace in person. Even with the power of social media we need the in person connections.”
About Danielle Desir
Danielle Desir is a travel finance strategist, writer and the host of ‘The Thought Card’, an affordable travel finance podcast empowering people to make informed financial decisions – travel more, pay off debt and build wealth. She is also the founder of ‘WOC Podcasters’ (Women of Color) an inclusive community for women of color to connect, learn and share resources. WOC Podcasters has over 1,600 members from 37+ countries and it is the first community of its kind dedicated to the growth and representation of women of color in the podcasting industry.
Connect with Danielle:
This Episode Is Made Possible By:
- Social Report: The world’s most complete social media management platform and my social media management tool of choice.
- Savvy Social School: Everything you need to increase visibility, growth, and engagement on social media
Andréa Jones is a social media strategist who works with lifestyle brands to build their online presence through targeted social media and content marketing solutions. She's also the founder of SavvySocialSchool.com – a membership community with everything you need to achieve visibility, growth, and engagement on social media.