Whether you’ve just started considering the possibility of doing your own thing or recently left your 9-5 job to launch your own business, Luisa Zhou has walked a few miles in your shoes and is here to offer some solid strategies to save you time and energy. She shares tips on how to focus on the right things when you’re starting out, why some people fail before they even get started, her social media strategy and so much more!
In this podcast episode, we share:
- What Luisa’s work/life balance looked like when she decided to become an entrepreneur
- Luisa’s trial and error approach to building her business
- Luisa’s “3 X 15” rule for using her time as efficiently as possible
- How Luisa knew it was time to take the leap into entrepreneurship
- Luisa’s favorite social media platforms to use for her business
- Tips for choosing a social media platform based on your industry
- Why it’s important to remember it’s about the audience, not you
- Details about Luisa’s “Escape Velocity Plan”
Listen to the episode here:
- “Because I focused on the things that actually mattered in the beginning of my business, it allowed me to be way more efficient with my time.”
- “There is so much power in showing up and being able to provide VALUE.”
- “The truth is, if you have no audience and you’re posting nonstop to some place that no is visiting, it doesn’t matter how good your content is.”
- “That’s when I realized —Oh now I’ve learned about my audience. Now I actually know how to speak to them.”
- “You’re going where your audience is but you’re also leveraging the way that they prefer to consume content and starting with the end in mind, which is so powerful.”
About Luisa Zhou:
Luisa Zhou is the creator of the Employee to Entrepreneur system, which teaches people how to leave their 9-5 and start their own six-figure plus business working for themselves. She’s helped thousands of students launch businesses that generate anywhere from 30K to 100K in a matter of months. Her advice has also been featured in numerous publications including Forbes, Inc, Entrepreneur, Business Insider, and more.
Connect with Luisa:
This Episode Is Made Possible By:
- Social Report: The world’s most complete social media management platform and my social media management tool of choice.
- Savvy Social School: Everything you need to increase visibility, growth, and engagement on social media
Andréa Jones is a social media strategist who works with lifestyle brands to build their online presence through targeted social media and content marketing solutions. She's also the founder of SavvySocialSchool.com – a membership community with everything you need to achieve visibility, growth, and engagement on social media.