Not everyone realizes the many unique opportunities associated with the role of a virtual assistant.
Sandra Booker discovered it’s possible to go from being an online virtual assistant to owning your own business, so I asked her to share how she jump started her social media strategy, what she learned from working with a social media agency, how she really streamlines her social media today, and her tips for virtual assistants who want to get started on social media!
In this podcast episode, we share:
- What inspired Sandra to start Any Old Task
- How Sandra attracted bigger clients as a new entrepreneur
- Why Sandra hired a social media agency and how she applies what she learned to her current social media strategy
- Why Sandra decided to move her social media from an agency to in-house
- Suggestions for doing social media on your own and creating great content
- Tips for virtual assistants wanting to be a social media person for others
- What a virtual assistant does for clients and how to know if you need one for your business
- Why you should check out Sandra’s “V.A. Studio”
Listen to the episode here:
- “Once I really focused on rebranding my website and making sure my social media was on point and active, that’s when I started getting the higher clients.”
- “I love a good, consistent strategy. It’s like working out; you have to be consistent with it in order for it to make any sense.”
- “Get on some great mailings lists…because reading other people’s good personality-infused, story-infused copy will help you do the same thing.”
- “My biggest tip for any virtual assistant wanting to do social media for other people is not to call yourself a virtual assistant.”
Meet Sandra Booker:
Sandra is an online business manager and founder of Any Old Task, a small but mighty group of passionate peeps who love getting stuff done and helping people run their business like a lean, but never mean, fightin’ machine.
In her (efficiently used) spare time, she teaches women how to get to $50K a year in their own virtual assistant practices, even if it’s their first year in business. Her clients include familiar names like Tarzan Kay and Laura Belgray. She’s received accolades in her community like the 40 Under 40 award and she’s on a mission to help her clients generate the same kind of raving clients she enjoys in her own business.
Click here to learn more about what a VA can do for you!
Connect with Sandra: