On this episode of The Savvy Social Podcast, I’m sharing my interview with Tara McMullin on her What Works podcast. Tara was a big inspiration to me during a tough 2018 in my business so being on her podcast was an honor.
In this episode, Tara and I dive deep into finding the balance between relationship-building and marketing your agency, and I share my approach to incorporating marketing into your greater business-building strategy.
In this episode of the podcast, we talk about:
- My relationship-focused social media strategy
- How I avoid being a wallflower at live events
- Marketing vs. Building An Audience
- Why branding is all about the feels
- How small biz owners can use social media without being an expert
- What I would do if Savvy Social School were my only business
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
- “I still show up and share my expertise, but I spend most of my time in the DMs connecting with people, leaving comments, and participating in communities. And that's really where I see the most bang for my buck when it comes to the time that I spend on social media.” – Andréa Jones
- “I've actually found event organizers to be great partners cuz they know a lot of people, and their whole business kind of rests on knowing a lot of people. So those are really great connections for me. So it starts kind of researching and digging into who the right partnerships are. And then the actual conversation of um, like, hey, let's work together.” – Andréa Jones
- “You're just trying to mass market and reach as many people as possible no matter what. And that does not work for a lot of my clients. It's not really the end goal to have everyone know who they are. They really want a very specific group of people to know who they are and to trust them enough to give them money for things and services.” – Andréa Jones
- “We find our students almost like over strategize. Yes. And they look farther down the road than where they are now, and they're looking kind of like at step 10, and then they're trying to just like leapfrogged to step 10 when they, they will get there and they can, there's a strategy that works for step 10, but the step one strategy is different. Your problems are different, and your outcomes are gonna be different as well. And so it's really helping people.” – Andréa Jones
- “Whatever your value systems are in your business, social media should reflect that.” – Andréa Jones
Special thanks to Tara McMullin, host of What Works Podcast
Listen to the original episode here
Grab your copy of Tara's book, What Works: A Comprehensive Framework to Change the Way We Approach Goal-Setting
Episode 146 – Creating Intentional Social Media Content for Your Business with Tara McMullin
What Works website
Follow Tara on social media: