Perhaps you’ve decided 2020 is the year you finally start your own podcast, and if that’s the case—go for it! Tons of amazing resources exist to make your podcast dreams a reality and one fantastic example is my own show producer and editor, Travis Brown.
I invited Travis on the show and we discuss his history of working in the music industry and audio, how he organizes his social media content for success, how audiograms can increase your conversions, his new course and lots more!
In this podcast episode, we share:
- How Travis transitioned from being a musician and audio engineer to podcasting
- How Travis uses Instagram to promote his businesses
- What audiograms are and why they’re super beneficial to podcasters
- Travis’ strategy for creating content for his online course
- How automation can save you time as an entrepreneur
- Advice for marketing your podcast by planning ahead
- Travis’ powerful tip to connect with others using authentic Instagram Stories
- Details around Travis’ “Shortcut to Podcasting” Course
Listen to the episode here:
- “It all just kind of evolved through word of mouth. He told somebody who told somebody who told somebody, and now through word of mouth I’m producing 20 podcasts every week…”
- “You’re using Instagram as a way to build that connection by giving away things for free.”
- “Share a golden nugget—share the monumental goose-bump moment of your podcast—and people are more likely to be like ‘I NEED to go check that out right now!’”
- “There is power in planning. If you can plan things, you’re so much more likely to succeed.”
- “We don’t want to just see the highlight reel of your life…we want to see the real you.”
- “It’s very powerful…in this Instagrammable world we live in, where everyone is so curated, to show the good with the bad.”
Meet Travis Brown
Travis Brown is a podcast editor and coach dedicated to helping business owners launch, grow, and monetize their podcasts. He has launched over 40 new podcasts for clients, edited over 1500 podcast episodes, and his clients have over 1.2 Million downloads.
Connect with Travis: