You hear about Instagram Reels going viral all the time — but what does it really take to make such magnetic video content?
“Modern social media queen” Becca Booker’s here to share how she grew her account from 5k followers to nearly 20k (& built a successful social media marketing agency) in just two years. Plus get her pro tips for creating your Reels.
In this episode, we talk about:
- How Becca went from custom coding her MySpace profile in middle school to running a profitable social media agency (with 3 employees!) right after college
- What to do if you're unhappy and unhealthy from stress in your corporate job and want to manage social media instead
- Lives vs. Reels — should giving away FREE content differ across mediums?
- The 411 on whether or not explosive follower growth can help or hurt your business
- Becca’s process for creating Reels, including how long she spends on them
- Our favorite video editor for filming Reels (hint: not IG)
- Where to remove the TikTok watermark, so you can quickly and easily repurpose your videos to Instagram
- If you want to “make money for making reels,” do THIS
- What to do if your clients say “I don't have time for this” to making Reels
- Why she recommends charging by the hour for Reels
- Tips and tricks for getting started showcasing your business with Reels
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Sendible Social Media Management Tool
The all-in-one social media management tool that my agency uses every day to schedule posts and analyze our social media results. Try them out for yourself today.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “That's exactly what any social media post really is. It's somewhat newsworthy.” – Becca Booker
- “I was like, ‘Okay, I think I need to pursue this full time. I hired a therapist to help me quit my job. I had a lot of scarcity mindset around that and money — and, you know, that's a very scary decision. I also read the You Are a Badass book. I did everything mentally to prepare myself. And then, I just went for it. It hit six figures in that first year.” – Becca Booker
- “People went crazy for it. Like one of our reals almost has a million views. Just again and again, we kept seeing these huge viral videos happen, and I really wasn't even planning for it. And we went from having about 5,000 Instagram followers in September of 2020 to 10,000 in February 2021. So it was incredible. And now we're like 400 followers away from 20k.” – Becca Booker
- “I felt like I was kind of getting used: I was giving advice for free, and I just stopped doing those. And it flipped the switch and the game and allowed me to put my energy into things that were more fruitful for us.” – Becca Booker
- “I love it: the social proof and the practicing what you preach — so when you bring it to your clients, they can see what's possible.” – Andréa Jones
- “I even encourage spur-of-the-moment ideas. Like when you see one, and you feel inspired by it, and you have the capacity to film it, do it because there's no better time to energetically film than when you're excited to do it.” – Becca Booker
- The other little tidbit I'll give too is, sometimes you can find the same sound. After you download it from TikTok and upload it to Instagram without the watermark, try to find the same sound, if you can.” – Andréa Jones
“That just goes to show that consumers go where creators go — not necessarily where brands go. So I'm hoping that the consumers will follow the creators, and brands will benefit as well.” – Becca Booker
- “A lot of our clients are okay with just talking to the camera, which is a trend in the coaching space anyways. Then we'll put a sound in the background and turn the volume down low. If it's a trend, we'll bookmark it for them, give them ideas, and try to coach them on filming.” – Andréa Jones
About the Guest:
Northern-California made, Becca received a double-major in Marketing and Journalism from Barrett, The Honors College at ASU and now lives under the sun in Phoenix, Arizona. Shortly after graduating, Becca created her business and quickly became a respected entrepreneur in the valley.
Dubbed the “modern social media queen” by AZ Foothills, Becca is revolutionizing the social media game and inspiring brands to use innovative tactics to grow their social media. She also is a loving dog mom of Jojo the Heeler mix (why yes, her dog has an Instagram), and can be found with a Venti Iced Soy Matcha Latte in hand at almost all times.
SnapTik video downloader
Grab your free download of 30 days Reels ideas