When you think about where you are in your business, are you in the short term, medium term, or long term? Whether you’re in the short term “seedling stage”, or have grown roots and successfully reached the long term stage, this episode focuses on how to incorporate social media during all three phases of your business when you should consider advertising, how much time you should spend on social media, and more!
In this podcast episode, I share:
- What the seedling stage or “short term stage” of your business involves
- Why you need money during the short term stage of your business
- Why it’s VITAL to focus on making solid connections in the short term phase
- Suggestions for how much time to spend on social media
- How to know you’ve transitioned to the “medium-term stage”
- Advice for spending money on paid advertising and outsourcing tasks
- Why collaboration is key during the medium term of your business
- Why the “long term stage” is the best time to fine-tune what really works for you
- Recommendations for increasing your ROI during the long term stage
- Warnings for collaborating with celebrities before you’re truly ready
Listen to the episode here:
- “In the short term…you don’t want to spend a lot of time on social media because you need to be figuring out the rest of your marketing strategy.”
- “Your value will come from talking to people.”
- “You’ve got to spend time in the short term connecting so when you’re in the medium term people can see you’ve got something going on.”
- “A giveaway will only work if you have PROVEN that you have a solid plan in place to convert those people who are interested.”
- “The long term stage is where you really dig into content. You’re broadcasting—people are already finding you. You just need to give them a reason to stay at this point.”
This Episode Is Made Possible By:
- Social Report: The world’s most complete social media management platform and my social media management tool of choice.
- Savvy Social School: Everything you need to increase visibility, growth, and engagement on social media
Andréa Jones is a social media strategist who works with lifestyle brands to build their online presence through targeted social media and content marketing solutions. She's also the founder of SavvySocialSchool.com – a membership community with everything you need to achieve visibility, growth, and engagement on social media.