Knowing your audience is crucial for any business owner but how you reach your audience is just as important. Whether you’re feeling unsure if Facebook ads are for you or you’re ready to dive into the online ads world, Claire Pelletreau has fantastic advice to make sure you spend your time and money wisely.
Claire joins me and talks about all things Facebook ads, the easiest types of ads to start with, how to know if you’re even ready for ads, and how Facebook ads are kind of like Viagra if you’re eager to give your business a boost!
In this podcast episode, we share:
- Claire’s experience working with Facebook ads and starting her own ads service
- What to consider before you start spending money on Facebook ads
- Two types of spending on ads: Money and Time
- Ad types that are great for beginners
- Tips for podcasters to leverage ads to get more listeners
- Recommendations for tools to set up and manage ads
- Caution for those ready to run ads for clients
- Advice for anyone ready to start using Facebook ads or offering it as a service
Listen to the episode here:
- “…You should only spend money on ads when you’re already making money in your business…”
- “If you’re not closing the sales calls that you’re having, there might be a messaging issue or a pain point thing you haven’t identified, ads aren’t really going to fix that.”
- “Facebook ads are like Viagra; they’re definitely going to give you a lift but they’re not gonna make you good in bed.”
- “If you have the money to spend on ads, great! But realize you might be spending it just to get the data and not to get results.”
- “People can come with this idea of putting in a dollar and getting two back every time, and that just isn’t always the case.”
Claire Pelletreau is a Facebook and Instagram ad consultant, teacher and conversion optimization expert. She spends her days writing about Facebook and Instagram ads, troubleshooting ad problems with her students, and managing campaigns for 7 and 8 figure business owners. She specializes in Facebook and Instagram ads that sell online courses and programs, but she’ll happily geek out with you on ways to test advertising for any type of business. Claire also LOVES talking about money – profit, loss, the whole shebang. She asks her guests how much they charge – and how much they earn – on her show, the Get Paid Podcast.
Connect with Claire:
Get Paid Podcast
FREE 5 Facebook Ads Webinar
Absolute FB Ads Course
This Episode Is Made Possible By:
- Traject Social (formerly Social Report): The world’s most complete social media management platform and my social media management tool of choice.
- Savvy Social School: Everything you need to increase visibility, growth, and engagement on social media
Andréa Jones is a social media strategist who works with lifestyle brands to build their online presence through targeted social media and content marketing solutions. She's also the founder of SavvySocialSchool.com – a membership community with everything you need to achieve visibility, growth, and engagement on social media.