Social media as a career barely excited 10 years ago. It’s really within those 10 years that the idea of having a single person or team manage social media became a huge priority for businesses both online and offline. So how does someone decide to be a social media manager if the industry is so new?
Today on the podcast, Leanne Knight shares her journey towards building a social media career.
In this episode, we talk about:
- How Leanne transitioned from coding to social media
- Her advice for new social media managers
- Her path towards niching down
- Her experience developing boundaries in the Thrive Mentorship program
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Fanbooster by Traject
The world’s most complete social media management tool and my tool of choice when it comes to scheduling, managing, and especially reporting on social media. Try them out for yourself for free.
Business Building Blueprint for Social Media Managers
Download this free business building blueprint so that you can have a social media management business that gets you the freedom and financial independence you crave.
The foundations to getting AMAZING results for your clients because their success is your success.
- “People need [graphics] to express themselves or to promote their business.”
- “We just have bad taste when we start out and how you get through that is just by practicing.”
- “With everything that I'm doing, whether it's graphics or whether it's writing captions and things like that…I just need to do it.”
- “Just because you know how to do it, it doesn't mean you have to be doing it.”
About the Guest:
Leanne is a graphic designer and social media manager with a passion for clear, simple communication. Her specialty is creating graphics for social media, so that business owners can have a professional and cohesive appearance. It is her mission to help purpose-driven entrepreneurs share their message on social media!
How to Plan Your Social Media Content Freebie
Thrive Mentorship Program