Tired of your stuffy office job? Your 9-5, salad-for-lunch-everyday routine?
If anyone can show you how — it’s Abbey Ashley. She pivoted from a full-time corporate career into a booked-out virtual assistant in just 4 months (while on maternity leave!). She shares how you can too in this week’s episode.
In this episode, we talk about:
- What a virtual assistant (VA) is & what they do
- How Abbey pivoted from the corporate world to booked-out VA in just months (while on maternity leave!)
- Why you shouldn't be afraid of experimenting (& failing) on your journey to building your online business
- The key differences between marketing a digital, service-based business vs. a course on social media
- Your first step to creating a successful online course
- How she grows her email list by 100 people a day
- The hidden benefit of letting go of the reins to your team
- Her simple rule for choosing a social media channel to start & grow your virtual assistant business
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Raise Your Rates Free Audio Series
You don’t have to figure everything out on your own. Get the support & guidance you need to raise your rates with confidence so you can attract clients who LOVE what you do & appreciate your work. And finally have enough time to focus on what’s really important: growing your business (sustainably) and LIVING your life for You.
Sign up to access the free 3-part audio series.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “I had no social media following or anything other than the people I knew. But even with my small network, I was able to get the word out about what I was doing and quickly filled my services to the point that it replaced the income from my full-time corporate job.” — Abbey Ashley
- “We have 20 full-time employees now. It's grown into this massive operation based off just the want of, ‘Hey, I'd like to make some extra cash working from home.’” — Abbey Ashley
- “It's a great entry point for somebody who maybe eventually wants to become a social media manager or wants to become an online business manager.” — Abbey Ashley
- “Service-based businesses are the fastest way to make money online and that you don't need a huge following.” — Abbey Ashley
- “It's really important to look at these big businesses that are having six-figure course launches or these million-dollar-plus businesses and be like, okay, let me go back to the roots and see where they started.” — Abbey Ashley
- “The strategies for building a virtual assistant business and using social media as a marketing tool are different when you're thinking about the service-based business versus the product-based business.” — Andréa Jones
- “If we stretch ourselves too thin, then we end up showing up poorly in a lot of places instead of really well in one or a few places. And so we just choose to show up really well in a few places.” — Abbey Ashley
- “We always think about new people, but honestly, nurture your current people and it will grow.” — Andréa Jones
About the Guest:
Abbey Ashley is the CEO of The Virtual Savvy, where she teaches aspiring virtual assistants how to launch and grow their own at-home business. She was able to leave her full-time, corporate job in just four short months after starting her own virtual business (while on maternity leave!).
Abbey leads a community of over 65,000 virtual assistants via her email newsletter and Facebook community. She has also appeared in many online publications and podcasts including NBC News, Smart Passive Income, The Side Hustle Nation podcast, and more.
She lives in Springfield, Missouri with her husband and two young children. Download Abbey’s FREE Virtual Assistant Checklist & Starter Kit at thevirtualsavvy.com/checklist
The website contains a lot of valuable information. help me a lot. If you have more time, please visit: redactle