Understandably, the pandemic forced many businesses, from global tech giants to small mom and pop shops, to take their business online. Some businesses are thriving while others are still trying to figure out this new digital market space.
Thankfully, social media can help foster the connection local businesses need to stay relevant and ready for clients in the virtual world. If you’ve been wondering how local businesses can promote offers on social media, how local businesses can stand out and add variety, what your audience members really want to see, and how to get more people to engage with your content, check out the 3 things to know when creating a social media strategy for local businesses!
In this podcast episode, I share:
- 3 Things to Know When Creating A Social Media Strategy for Local Businesses
- ➡️ Know who you are.
- ✔️ 3 W’s: What do you sell? Who is it for? What does it matter?
- ✔️ What’s different for you? So what? Why would people care?
- ➡️ Know how to connect with your current followers.
- ✔️ Learn to speak their language and be the expert they need
- ✔️ What are they looking for you to say? What do they want from you?
- ✔️ Create content based on what your audience tells you they want
- ✔️ Repeat your offers, keep talking about what you’re doing locally, invite your followers to join
- ➡️ Know how to expand virtually to meet new people.
- ✔️ Leverage social media by engaging as yourself or using your business page or profile
- ✔️ Consider paid advertising strategies like Facebook Ads to get in front of the right people in your area
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “One thing that’s become very clear during this pandemic is that digital marketing is more powerful now than it ever was.”
- “We as a people are looking to our local businesses to become leaders in the digital space.”
- “As a local business, now’s the time to get online.”
- “Figure out your core differentiator—what makes you stand out from all of the other local businesses?”
Episode 30: 6 Ways to Simplify Your Social Media Strategy (5 Pillars of Content)
Social Media for Local Business Workshop on October 21st
This Episode Is Made Possible By:
- Fanbooster by Traject: The world’s most complete social media management platform and my social media management tool of choice.
- Agency Vista: Your work and experience will take center stage. And we're proud of the work we do.
- Savvy Social School: Everything you need to increase visibility, growth, and engagement on social media
Andréa Jones is a social media strategist who works with lifestyle brands to build their online presence through targeted social media and content marketing solutions. She's also the founder of SavvySocialSchool.com – a membership community with everything you need to achieve visibility, growth, and engagement on social media.