For many business owners, 2020 was a year booked full of live events to both attend and host, but the pandemic forced a pivot that meant most of these events had to go virtual. But there are some unexpected benefits to the sudden change.
Lauren Caselli, formerly an event consultant for tech and SaaS companies, knows all about how to leverage social media to market an event and she shares how she’s helped her clients get the most from their virtual events and build an engaged and enthusiastic audience.
In this episode of the podcast, we talk about:
- How the pandemic changed different industries
- The difference between structuring virtual and live events
- The unexpected benefit to hosting virtual events
- Preparing your virtual event for success
- How to use social media to build excitement about your virtual event
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Fanbooster by Traject
The world’s most complete social media management tool and my tool of choice when it comes to scheduling, managing, and especially reporting on social media. Try them out for yourself for free.
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “So from a planning standpoint, definitely thinking about who you want to speak, thinking about what that looks like and getting on those people's calendars in advance.”
- “You're creating customer loyalty by getting all your people in the room and creating great content.”
- “…figure out what it's going to be like, and if the aesthetic and the experience matches what that person has in their brain.”
- “It's all about quotes and tweetables and things that you can sort of show…”
About the Guest:
Lauren Caselli is a former event consultant who worked with tech and SaaS to help create strategic live events for their digital and founder communities. A former event host for the 8-time sold out Boss Lady Bash with 15 years of industry experience, before 2020 crashed the Live Event industry, Lauren helped clients create better events that build customer loyalty and recurring revenue, either through their products or through the event itself.
Savvy Social School
Lauren’s online program – Events That Convert