There’s been a dramatic shift in the business world over the past few years. There’s no longer a strict separation between your business and what you value and believe personally. We’ve entered a new and exciting age of marketing where people not only want to know more about your core values, but they even expect to see it!
So how can we integrate our values into our marketing content? What does being an ally and an entrepreneur mean? I’m excited for you to listen to this week’s interview with certified coach Erica Courdae.
In this episode of the podcast, we talk about:
- What allyship looks like
- The dangers of perfectionism to allyship
- The misconception behind your client avatar
- The direction content creation is heading in 2021
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Fanbooster by Traject
The world’s most complete social media management tool and my tool of choice when it comes to scheduling, managing, and especially reporting on social media. Try them out for yourself for free.
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “When you begin to figure out what your business's values are, you are going to notice that they're informed by your personal values.”
- “They have to be anchored in action. And so if you can turn them into verbs, you can show how you demonstrate if diversity matters to you.”
- “I think there's always a place to break the rules, but you have to understand why.”
- “If you mess up, you're going to learn better. You're going to continue.”
- “You don't have to be perfect, but you have to figure out what it is to be human in the midst of inhumane moments.”
- “There is no set formula to figure out how to diversify those that are around you – it comes with effort. It comes with listening and it comes with just being open and honest and allowing people to be who they are.”
About the Guest:
Erica Courdae has dedicated her life to expanding how others interact with the world through powerful conversations. As an entrepreneur and certified coach, her work is focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), imperfect allyship, and imposter syndrome. This work has taken her into communities and onto national stages as a speaker and educator at noteworthy industry events like AltSummit, ShePodcasts Live, and Being Boss.
Erica is also the owner of an inclusive beauty salon, Silver Immersion, and the host of Pause on the Play, a podcast that features open dialogue on topics like company culture, visibility, and mindset. She lives in Maryland with her husband and two children.
Kara Loewentheil’s Panic into Peace free podcast series
Pause On the Play Community
Imperfect Allies Checklist