Entrepreneurs often get stuck with creating content randomly and not seeing any real results, so in an effort to solve this problem they create “content buckets” or rotate between a handful of content types.
While that’s a step forward, it still doesn’t solve the problem of endlessly creating content that never moves the needle forward. You’ve just given them labels.
So how do you really make sure that the social media content you create grows your audience and your business? I’m sharing a more effective way to think about content creation.
In this episode of the podcast, I talk about:
- The 3 types of content you should be creating
- The difference between promotional content and conversion content
- Content ideas for your social media
- A HUGE benefit to content type #3 that you don’t want to miss out on
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Fanbooster by Traject
The world’s most complete social media management tool and my tool of choice when it comes to scheduling, managing, and especially reporting on social media. Try them out for yourself for free.
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “As you’re creating your social media content, start thinking about why you’re doing that and what the goal is.”
- “One of the beautiful things about social media is that it can be a dialogue and a conversation.”
- “It can’t be you talking about all the things you like to do or ‘we are the best’, it has to be something [your audience] finds captivating.”
- “In the context of our larger business, sometimes it’s hard to draw a line between someone sharing our content and actual dollars and cents in the bank, but ultimately what we want is more people becoming aware of our brand.”
Kara Loewentheil’s quote on motivation
Episode 82: Social Media Sales Funnels
Episode 146: Creating Intentional Social Media Content for Your Business with Tara McMullin