There’s a new app on the block, and it’s looking to bring real authenticity back to social media.
I’m talking about BeReal. The notification-centric, dual-camera using, no-filters-allowed app that wants to connect friends, not followers.
I’ve done my research and tested out the app for the past few months, so now I’m ready to report back and tell you if it’s worth your time, especially as a tool to grow your business.
Check out what I learned about the fastest-growing social media apps on the market.
In this episode of the podcast, I talk about:
- Living life without filters
- Why their warning made me smile
- BeReal’s Innovative Notification Approach
- Why BeReal isn’t for influencers
- Chipotle’s BeReal Experiment
- What Gen Z gets right about social media
- How biz owners can benefit from BeReal
- My likes & dislikes about the BeReal
- Why BeReal is a complementary strategy
- The future of BeReal
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Sendible Social Media Management Tool
The all-in-one social media management tool that my agency uses every day to schedule posts and analyze our social media results. Try them out for yourself today.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “Y'all have to check out the App Store because they're really guns a-blazing, shots fired at Instagram and Twitter, and it's a very interesting position in the social media landscape.” – Andréa Jones
- “The other interesting thing about this app is that you can react to other people's posts. So you can leave an emoji reaction, but you can also custom-create your own emojis, which I thought was kind of fun. So if you wanna do heart eyes, you make that expression.” – Andréa Jones
- “There are no filters, okay? So what you post is what you post, and y'all, most of the time I'm not camera ready. But it was interesting to kind of fit in that challenge.” – Andréa Jones
- “92% of Gen Zers who were surveyed indicated that being authentic and true to oneself is extremely or very important. So this generation is coming up and looking for the quirks and the flaws of life, not necessarily the picture-perfect lives.” – Andréa Jones
- “I've been talking about this since, I don't know, 2018 on this podcast where I think the value and the beauty of social media is in the authentic. And it's us marketers who are kind of ruining that a little bit. You know, when we think back to when Facebook first started out and MySpace, it wasn't about creating this perfect version of yourself. It was about connection.” – Andréa Jones
- “As a business owner, you could definitely use this app. It's a little bit tricky though, in the sense that you do need to share your username with other people, and then you need to accept their request. But you can do that. I shared mine to my Instagram stories as I was running this test on this app and did collect a few new people as followers.” – Andréa Jones
- “For businesses and brands, I think it'd be very hard to maintain a strategy that requires you to be so in the moment. Now, where I think the intersection could be is that intersection of influencers. So influencers who sit at that cross-section of, hey, I'm a real person, and I also run a business here. I think they could potentially have some space where maybe they're showing products and things that they're using.” – Andréa Jones
- “I do see the other apps copying these functions and features of BeReal and I think it'll go like Snapchat where you know, the early users will still use it. It'll still be used amongst the younger generation, but brands and marketers may not use it as much.” – Andréa Jones
Check out this article on how Chipotle uses BeReal
I really like the information you share. I learned a lot of new and useful knowledge from your post.