When you think about PR, you might think it’s only for giant companies and well-known brands. However, Brittney Lynn explains how PR and social media work together and why connecting with the right people can really benefit your business!
In this podcast episode, we share:
- How Brittney started her own PR business
- Advice for business owners to grow their connections with others through social media
- Tips and tricks for getting PR and positioning yourself as an expert in your field
- Suggestions for leveraging your PR through social media
- Simple strategies to boost your online profiles to increase your credibility
- Why you shouldn’t buy followers for your social media accounts
- Details about Brittney’s “HARO: How to Help a Reporter Out” Tool
Listen to the episode here:
- “Interact with the people you feel like would be your friends. It doesn’t have to be you talking about your business.”
- “Human to human connection is so important!”
- “You never know who knows who…sharing is a simple thing.”
- “You never know who’s landing on your social media profiles so you want to have this all-encompassing look at who you are to a new person.”
- “Instagram highlights are built for new people to look at what you’ve been talking about.”
- “The point of PR is to get your message out in front of more people.”
Meet Brittney Lynn
Brittney Lynn is a PR & Online Marketing Strategist for online entrepreneurs worldwide. She has nearly 10 years of experience working in the online marketing industry and has a passion for helping others grow their reach, revenue, and impact through strategic PR. She's also the host of the Day in the Life podcast, which gives a glimpse into the daily lives of people from across the world who work in a variety of industries. Stepping into the lives of these fascinating guests will encourage, inspire and challenge listeners as they share in each guest's trials and triumphs, learning that we are all connected and are more alike than we realize. Brittney has landed clients in Glamour, Brit & Co, Bustle, BuzzFeed, PopSugar to name a few. She's based in Dallas, Texas with her husband and pup.
Connect with Brittney:
The PR Prompt
Andréa's interview on Brittney's Podcast, The Human Connection
This Episode Is Made Possible By:
- Social Report: The world’s most complete social media management platform and my social media management tool of choice.
- Savvy Social School: Everything you need to increase visibility, growth, and engagement on social media
Andréa Jones is a social media strategist who works with lifestyle brands to build their online presence through targeted social media and content marketing solutions. She's also the founder of SavvySocialSchool.com – a membership community with everything you need to achieve visibility, growth, and engagement on social media.