Have you ever needed to take a pause, but worried about what would happen to your social media business if you do?
I feel your pain, anxiety, and worry at the thought of stopping work and giving your full attention to your life event (unexpected medical emergency, sabbatical, maternity leave).
If you are anything like me, you have probably wondered if you will have a thriving business to come back to?
Well, let me ease your worries. There is a way to breathe easy, plan ahead (even for the unexpected) and pause in peace.
In today’s episode I am sharing my experience pausing my full participation in running a multi-six-figure business and giving my full attention to my pandemic pregnancy.
Led by listener submitted questions, I’m helping business owners and social media managers see that it is possible to make life a priority without negatively impacting your business in the process.
Listen in and learn the strategic steps my team and I took to make it work, and discover how you can start strategizing for your own pause.
In this episode of the podcast, I talk about:
- The importance of planning for the unexpected
- Staying relevant even when you can’t see the future of social media
- Not focusing on social media tactics (and what you should really be focused on)
- Why owners need to lean on their teams for support when they need it most
- My Big (unexpected) Gap and how I adjusted
- Courage to cut big a campaign for the good of the organization
- The benefits of a deep online content catalog for repurposing
- Taking a pause and how not to beat yourself up about it
- Why Business Owners need to look ahead
- My 4th Trimester Experience
- Why mom’s need to create their own personal rulebook
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Sendible Social Media Management Tool
The all-in-one social media management tool that my agency uses every day to schedule posts and analyze our social media results. Try them out for yourself today.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “I needed a plan for the unexpected…because life happens. We all have these unplanned moments. Whether you have to go to the hospital unexpectedly, or you want to take a sabbatical, or whatever the case may be. Having that space, having that option is key.” — Andréa Jones
- “Social media changes so freaking fast! I'm recording this one about three weeks before it's gonna go live. Things could probably change in those three weeks. And I am okay with that. I don't know if it's still gonna be relevant, but what I do know is that a lot of the foundational concepts that I teach are marketing concepts that are relevant. No matter if you're listening to this episode today or a year from now.” — Andréa Jones
- “Some things you can add a little context to if you have gone too far in the future, but hopefully your business is built on foundations that will last whether you're batching for next month or six months from now.” — Andréa Jones
- “It is wild out here in these motherhood streets and I think it's just life in general. In fact, at the time of recording this, my little one is sick. I'm still sick…We had to shift over the weekend and last week because of this. There are so many unplanned things that happen in life and in business and you just have to learn to be flexible and roll with it.” — Andréa Jones
- “I had to lean on my team in those moments and I think it is okay and I actually encourage getting support when you need it most. And this is the time in my life when I need it most.” — Andréa Jones
- “The best thing was to eliminate and remove things. And I think this is huge for business owners and entrepreneurs. When we think about our marketing, sometimes we do too much and this actually helps me really get focused on what matters most.” — Andréa Jones
- “This is the part that's really hard to handle for business owners, because when you make decisions like this in your business, it does affect things in the moment. It can have better long term benefits for you as a business owner, but in the short term, it does hurt. So for me to cut a big campaign that predictably would've brought an influx of thousands of dollars into our monthly recurring revenue…That did hurt. Yeah. That did sting.” — Andréa Jones
- “As business owners, sometimes we beat ourselves up over the pauses when as long as we just share.. what's happening, what we have to do [and] make these decisions in our business, most reasonable people are okay with that.” — Andréa Jones
- “The main metric that has built my social media business is relationships. So while I love content marketing and I love social media. I love everything I do here. My main focus is relationship building. So if I had to scrap everything, the last thing that I would scrap is building those relationships.” — Andréa Jones
Special thanks to Miranda, Sharice & Nikita Burks-Hale for sending in their questions
Learn more about Tactics vs Strategy inside the Savvy Social School