If you’re a pro at social media, then you can just hop onto Instagram or Twitter and post without giving it a second thought. But not everyone is a pro. Beginners need to take the time to plan out what their posts are going to look like. I like to compare it to walking into the gym for the first time. You can’t just jump up to the 100 lb weights. First, you have to start with that 5-10 lb range. Today we’re going to talk about how to successfully create that 5-10 lb social media post.
In this podcast episode, we share:
- Choosing only 1 platform to start out
- How often you should even be posting on social media
- Utilizing promotional content in order to grow your brand
- Showcasing your expertise through educational content
- Letting everyone know that this whole thing is bigger than you
- Sharing entertaining content to keep it light-hearted
- Engaging with your audience with quotes, questions, or controversial topics
- Creating designs for all or some of your content pillars
- Outlining a fuller content calendar for yourself
- Using free tools to help you plan your calendar
- Planning for all of your future needs and growth
Listen to the episode here:
- “I can’t just run-up to those 100 lb weights and start lifting them. I’ve got to start with those 5-10 lb weights first.”
- “A lot of people like sharing their opinion. Everyone’s got one, and we all love sharing it.”
Airtable Like a Boss
This Episode Is Made Possible By:
- Social Report: The world’s most complete social media management platform and my social media management tool of choice.
- Savvy Social School: Everything you need to increase visibility, growth, and engagement on social media
Andréa Jones is a social media strategist who works with lifestyle brands to build their online presence through targeted social media and content marketing solutions. She's also the founder of SavvySocialSchool.com – a membership community with everything you need to achieve visibility, growth, and engagement on social media.