In today's episode of my three-part series on Outsourcing Your Social Media, I am discussing why it’s important to get your house in order before you invite someone new to be the caretaker of your social media property.

Handing over your social media management is not an expense, it’s an investment. And to get the most out of your future investment in the growth of your business, you need to have certain pillars in place that will give your new team or teammate everything they need to do their part in helping your business reach its goals.

Without a plan in place before you add to your team, not only are you creating more work for yourself (and I mean, isn’t that why you are considering bringing in some H-E-L-P anyways?), but you may also be slowing down your growth on social media without even knowing it.

In this episode of the podcast, I talk about:

  • How to know when you’re ready to hire social media support
  • What to do before you hire social media support
  • The challenges that come with outsourcing your social media
  • Why using social media is like eating junk food
  • Diagnosing social media’s role in your business
  • The Kardashian Effect
  • Creating your Digital Brain
  • The one question every business needs to answer about social media
  • The All Powerful Funnel

This Episode Was Made Possible By:

Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.

Sendible Social Media Management Tool
The all-in-one social media management tool that my agency uses every day to schedule posts and analyze our social media results. Try them out for yourself today.

Listen to the episode here:

Or listen on Apple PodcastsGoogle PodcastsSpotify, or Stitcher.

Watch the episode here:

Memorable Quotes:

  • “They like the nourishing parts of their business where they can do deep work. Where they can really dive into content…That deep work that you can really spend time on and then actually going to social media to talk about your stuff feels like junk food.” – Andréa Jones
  • “You're not sure what you're supposed to post or what you're supposed to be doing on the platforms. Or maybe you have been spending a lot of time, and you see the value, but your business is growing, and you don't have time to spend on social…So if you're thinking of any of those things, it's time to start thinking about outsourcing your social media.” – Andréa Jones
  • “You want to understand your brand holistically, both the voice and the visual representation of your brand. Okay? So when we think about the voice of your brand, what's the tone that you show up with online? What are the words that you say? Anyone you're outsourcing to, you will need to give them a little bit of direction here. You need to fully understand it and then live that.” – Andréa Jones
  • “I outsource my social media. I show up maybe 20% of the time. The other 80% is my team. So if it seems like I'm everywhere, that's this working, this process is working.” – Andréa Jones
  • “There's this trend on social media with the rise of TikTok, and with this shift in Instagram content for content to feel effortless. But in order for it to feel effortless and not a hot mess, there's branding involved.” – Andréa Jones
  • “When I'm in a sales call with a potential client, I always ask this question because if they say I want a million followers in three months and we're starting from zero, it's not going to happen. Even with all the ad spend in the world, that's very, very challenging. So what I suggest instead is to start thinking about what success actually looks like and for your business.” – Andréa Jones
  • “If we are driving traffic to your website, you need to be able to convert that traffic so that …you can make your money, right? If we do all of the beautiful things on social media and people aren't becoming clients or customers because of it, then again, social media is just for funsies and I'm here to help you build your business.” – Andréa Jones
  • “Think about that funnel piece and then also start thinking about some metrics of success. I want you to think about some of these things because it's so easy to look at follower numbers and be like, Yay, it worked. And if it's all the wrong followers, it did not work.” – Andréa Jones

Resources Mentioned:

Thinking of outsourcing your social media to my team? Get started here
Savvy Social School
Kara Loewentheil
Episode 204: Social Media Strategies for Building Your Community