So you’ve made a decision on who to hire to manage your social media presence.
Now, the real work begins.
Outsourcing your social media means handing over something very precious to you to a total stranger and hoping they will care for it as much as you do. That something is your voice and personality.
This vulnerable act is one of the biggest fears of outsourcing. But in today's episode, I’m easing your concerns because there is a real blueprint that can help you to stay you on social media, even if you aren’t the one writing, designing, and creating your content strategy.
In this episode of the podcast, I talk about:
- Not skipping to part three of the process
- Why client intake is key
- How to avoid disappointment in the outsourcing process
- Why I love LastPass Premium
- The most time-consuming area of social media
- The World Famous OnlineDrea Copy Stalking Process
- What to do when your client’s voice isn’t clear
- Why copying one post to all platforms is so 2017
- How to hand off and be hands off
- Why reporting breaks bad cycles
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Sendible Social Media Management Tool
The all-in-one social media management tool that my agency uses every day to schedule posts and analyze our social media results. Try them out for yourself today.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “One of the challenges that I hear a lot online in groups and in communities is that it is really hard to outsource social media. You know, to find someone who can capture your brand voice, to create graphics, and edit videos, to have the strategic side of it. So many people hire someone and then they're disappointed with the outcome.” – Andréa Jones
- “Whether you hired a virtual assistant, a social media freelancer, an in-house person, or an agency, I'm hoping this gives you context to how you can collaborate with someone who's ultimately showing up as you and your brand on social media.” – Andréa Jones
- “Imagine a world where your social media is completely taken off of your plate, things are consistent, you're showing up on all of the major platforms, and all you have to do is show up in your favorite way possible, whether that be your podcast, your blog, your newsletter. Well, that world is a reality for a lot of my clients.” – Andréa Jones
- “When we think about copy stalking and her voice, we aren't PhD law School graduates from Hartford, right? …What we do is we go to her podcast for her perspective on the world and her thought leadership. So we may pull something from her podcast and that becomes the post. We pull her impact statements, her phrases, the way that she shows up in the world.” – Andréa Jones
- “I want to talk about the review process and how we review our client's work. Because it's not just about putting everything together. You do need to have a review in place. And one of the challenges I see a lot with business owners is they just want to be hands off.” – Andréa Jones
- “Reports are key here because we don't want to keep doing the same things over and over again if it's not working. And we want to identify the things that are…We're not going to brush poor campaigns under the rug.” – Andréa Jones
- “If we notice that this question of the day post isn't getting responses, we're going to stop doing that and replace it with one of the carousel posts. So we really want to make sure that the information that we're collecting is actually being used when it comes to your strategy and your overall support.” – Andréa Jones
Thinking of outsourcing your social media to my team? Get started here