Is work-life balance a myth?
It depends on how you define it. And if you’re like a lot of business owners, your expectations could leave you burnt out and unhappy.
Serial entrepreneur Stacy Tuschl joins me on this week’s episode to share her secrets to feeling balanced (even while running several multi-million dollar businesses AND even in the midst of chaotic shifts like the pandemic).
Plus, how she applies her proven approach to leveraging social media for biz growth. Listen now.
In this episode, we talk about:
- How, at just 18 years old, Stacy turned her passion into a multi-million dollar business she still runs today
- 3 questions to ask when your business needs to pivot (quickly) because of massive shifts like the pandemic
- Stacy's secret to work-life balance as a mother and serial entrepreneur
- Her warning about comparing your business (and life) to those of others
- An inside look at the dynamic team of creators behind Stacy's powerhouse social media presence
- Her practice for showing up personally across all her social content (even the pieces her team handles)
- Stacy's formula for measuring her return on investment in social media
- The importance of diversifying your social media strategy: paid AND organic; varying paid platforms; strategic partnerships; and more
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “We had to figure out, okay, well it's a different world. What do our people need? What are they looking for right now? What can I provide? We came up with so many different products and services during [the pandemic]. Did they all work? No, but we just got scrappy.” — Stacy Tuschl
- “So many times we just expect things to be easy, and we expect them to have gone faster… And when it doesn't work that way, we think it's broken. I'm broken. That strategy doesn't work. That coach doesn't know what she's talking about. And it just comes down to, what responsibility are you going to take in that part?” — Stacy Tuschl
- “Sometimes you see somebody with half a million followers, and then you find out they jumped on Instagram when it first came out. And I've only been on Instagram for like two, three years. So how in the world could I expect the same type of results when I wasn't putting in the same effort that they were putting in?” — Stacy Tuschl
- “A lot of people compare themselves to the folks on the internet who have a big following, and they don't realize there's a team of people creating one post. There's hours and hours that go into it. I see it because we do it for our clients. So I think that is challenging for a lot of people.” — Andréa Jones
- “A lot of times people repurpose [content], but they repurpose it where it's literally taking what I just said and typing it out. And the way that you speak on video is very different from the way you're going to write in a paragraph. So we always have to change for the platform or for what we're actually posting.” — Stacy Tuschl
- “I love repurposing because I think a lot of people look at social media as if you're creating content specifically for Instagram, but you're really taking your body of work and just expanding it as much as possible.” — Andréa Jones
About the Guest:
Stacy Tuschl started her own business at the age of 18 in her parents' backyard and turned that company into a multi-million dollar business she still runs today. Stacy is a bestselling author, and founder of the Foot Traffic Formula – helping small businesses around the world get more customers in the door. The Foot Traffic Podcast now has over 1 million downloads and is frequently on the top 30 of all marketing on iTunes where she’s interviewed guests like Suze Orman. Stacy was named the 2019 Wisconsin Small Business Person of the Year by the United States Small Business Administration.
The Foot Traffic Podcast with Stacy Tuschl
Free Business Growth Assessment
Get your free copy of Stacy's book, The Implementation Code