“How am I ever going to master every social platform? I’ve got a business to run!”
Is this you?
Take a deep breath. Because you’re not alone.
Every business owner I meet feels the same way at first. In this episode, I challenge you to confront ALL your feelings about social media—so you can take the next step: change your mindset. And THRIVE!
In this episode of the podcast, I talk about:
- My proven method for approaching social media WITHOUT all the decision making, overwhelm, and emotional drain
- How to use social media to build partnerships that benefit your business
- Your first step to clarity & calm with social media (especially if you're doing ALL of the things)
- How to embrace social media for your business (even if you're introverted)
- The surefire way to get yourself to show up on social media—CONSISTENTLY
- Why comparing yourself to others on social media (or anywhere) is so, so detrimental
- An important tip about building your social media “muscle,” so you don't burn out & quit
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “Part of the Unmute Yourself Challenge is to encourage you to speak up—talk about these sensitive issues on social media—but also to share your values and what you stand for. Because it's such an important way to communicate what we do as online business owners.”
- “There is an innate connection component to live streaming. I can talk to you. And there's a passion that comes across in all of our voices.”
- “You didn't sign up to be content creators, and that's sometimes where the disconnect comes in: when you start thinking about social media and you go, “I don't like this. I feel like I have to be on.”
- “It's a meditation that can really help you understand your relationship with social media. Because a lot of us look at it almost a little bit resentful, right? We hate it.”
- “Social media is a powerful tool for connection. There's such a unique opportunity with this tool to find and connect with the right people. But I'm introverted. I cannot be online all the time.”
- “If this isn't something we particularly liked doing, then we're not going to do it. Or if we think it's hard, then we're probably not going to do it.”
- “When we're thinking about our approach to social media, sometimes we're comparing ourselves to that person who has abs when we don't have abs yet. That's okay. We can work up to it. We can get there.”
- “That was a lot easier for her to understand how she could use social media as a tool to grow her business without subscribing to the traditional way of marketing service-based businesses online. Typically people say push for that free consultation call. But if that doesn't work for you, don't do that. Don’t do it.”
Go live on multiple platforms for free with Restream
Listen to the Social Media Unwind Podcast
Grab the Livestream Guide