Ever feel like you’re showing up in all the social media scenes but you’re still not booking as many clients as you want or your business isn’t growing like you thought it would?
Matt Johnson shares the power of narrowing your niche, how to create impact with a small audience, why he focuses on only one social media channel, and how the “no new content” strategy can create the engagement you’re looking for!
In this podcast episode, we share:
- Why your podcast and business must be aligned if you want to experience growth
- The 3 Stages of Influence and the power of being “known”
- The difference between pursuing the few vs. the many in your niche
- How to reach people online in a world where organic reach is dropping
- How to build your business with engaging content without creating new content
- Matt’s approach for growing and nurturing his audience and repurposing content
- Advice for staying focused on the people you’re serving
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “The 3 Stages of Influence are get seen, get noticed, and get known.”
- “Don’t go after the mainstream. Find one thing that you can offer to the highest end of the market, go directly to them, work with them until you make it work, and then package it and go start selling it to other people.”
- “If you’re not going to be engaged somewhere, you might as well not show up there with content. There’s nothing is wrong with you, but if you don’t show up and engage, that’s what’s wrong.”
- “There are certain things only YOU can do.”
- “The best business to be in is the one people are asking you to start.”
Matt Johnson is a marketing agency founder, podcaster, and musician. Matt runs a podcast launch & production agency based in San Diego, an international team that helps business coaches, consultants and thought leaders use done-for-you podcasting to attract an audience, build influence & become MicroFamous.
Matt is the author of MicroFamous and currently hosts the MicroFamous podcast. He is a frequent podcast guest and event speaker to audiences around the US, Canada, and Australia.
Connect with Matt:
Free MicroFamous Book
This Episode Is Made Possible By:
- Fanbooster by Traject: Social media management should be social. Let us do the heavy lifting so you can engage with your fans and create a supportive community for your client’s brand.
- Traject Social: The world’s most complete social media management platform and my social media management tool of choice.
- Savvy Social School: Everything you need to increase visibility, growth, and engagement on social media