The way we think about our bodies and the almost obsessive desire to look a certain way goes far beyond body image and what outfits we think we can pull off. It impacts how we move through our everyday lives, how we run our business, and even the way we show up online.
Stephanie Dodier is a Clinical Nutritionist, an Intuitive Eating Expert, and the host of The Beyond the Food Show whose integrative and comprehensive approach helps womxn take their lives back from diet culture and start to show up full body and mind for themselves and for their audience.
In this episode of the podcast, we talk about:
- Stephanie’s journey from seeking to look thin to breaking free from diet culture
- What it means to show up “full body”
- The difference between body positivity and body neutrality
- How to cultivate confidence
- How to unlearn the negative thoughts we have about ourselves
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Fanbooster by Traject
The world’s most complete social media management tool and my tool of choice when it comes to scheduling, managing, and especially reporting on social media. Try them out for yourself for free.
UnMute Yourself Challenge
Join us inside the Savvy Social School for the Unmute Yourself Challenge from March 16th to 18th.
Whether you're going live for the first time, creating a new type of content, or speaking to a new audience, this challenge is all about creating an audio / video experience with your audience as it’s the closest thing we have to a real world (in-person) connection.
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “I know a lot of entrepreneurs can relate to me about this but I was hiding.”
- “I wasn’t emotionally connected to the topic or the engagement on social media and what I rapidly found is not being in a state of emotional marketing, wasn’t working.”
- “When we’re constantly judging ourselves and critiquing ourselves in our mind, it has a heavy load physically, emotionally, and intellectually”
- “The last thing your audience needs is more pressure intellectually – what they needed was connection emotionally.”
- “It’s not about learning new things, it’s letting go of the crappy thoughts we have about what it means to be a womxn.”
About the Guest:
Stephanie Dodier is a Clinical Nutritionist, an Intuitive Eating Expert, and the host of The Beyond the Food Show whose integrative and comprehensive approach helps womxn take their lives back from diet culture. Her proprietary and countercultural approach, the Going Beyond The Food Method™️, has helped womxn in over 92 countries seek health beyond dieting. Stephanie was trained at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition in Canada and has a degree in Health Science.
Roadmap to living Diet-Free
Going Beyond the Food Podcast
Savvy Social School