Content marketing is a fantastic way to grow authority, spread the word about your business, and build great relationships with your audience, but you don’t want to be creating content just to create content.
To preserve your time, energy and your audience's attention, your content should be strategic and thought out, especially on social media. Today we’re joined by Tara McMullin who’s sharing an intentional method of creating content that you feel pride in and enjoy making, while also serving your audience and appeasing the algorithm.
In this episode of the podcast, we talk about:
- What epistemological method is and applying it to your business
- An intentional repurposing strategy
- How to use Notion for content management
- Your role once you shift away from one on one services
- Finding a balance between your creativity and the algorithm
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Fanbooster by Traject
The world’s most complete social media management tool and my tool of choice when it comes to scheduling, managing, and especially reporting on social media. Try them out for yourself for free.
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “How do I make something good, and make it so much better- if not great?”
- “Instead of looking at the rules as the things I have to conform to, I look at them as creative constraints that guide me…”
- “I’ll never be the kind of person who does what the algorithm tells me to do, but I also don’t want to be the person who ignores the algorithm. What does the algorithm know that I don’t know?”
- “It’s not about gaming the algorithm, it’s about learning what the algorithm has to teach me.”
- “I try to create space for being social with the content that I put out.”
About the Guest:
Tara McMullin is a coach, community builder, podcaster, and writer. She’s the founder of What Works, a digital platform for small business owners who are building strong, resilient, and sustainable companies. She’s also the co-founder of YellowHouse.Media, a podcast production agency that helps entrepreneurs create standout podcasts that grow their businesses. Tara’s podcast, What Works, has been downloaded over 2 million times and boasts over 300 interviews with small business owners.
Tara is also an international speaker and a best-selling instructor on CreativeLive where she’s reached over 25,000 students with her online video courses on small business. Tara’s work has been featured in Fast Company, Forbes, Inc, and The Huffington Post.
Free self-assessment on building a stronger business
What Works Podcast Episode 212 – Building Your Audience Behind The Scenes With Social Media Strategist Andrea Jones