Chasing the social media gurus? Trying to be everything to everyone on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok? It’s exhausting, right?
You lose yourself along the way — and the plot.
Travis Brown knows ALL about it. Because he was in the same spot before he made THIS shift & exploded on Instagram.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Why I've been stalking his social media strategy for years
- The #1 SHIFT behind Travis' explosive growth on Instagram
- How Carousel posts unlocked a new way to communicate online for Travis
- His trick for making your online personal branding so, so simple
- Travis' 45-minute creative process for Carousels
- His secret for telling a great story & getting people involved on Instagram
- The lowdown on engagement: just how important is it to your social media strategy?
- Your new secret weapon for building your community on social media
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Sendible Social Media Management Tool
The all-in-one social media management tool that my agency uses every day to schedule posts and analyze our social media results. Try them out for yourself today.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “Social media is so powerful, and it isn't a machine that you just put a post onto and, you know, feed the feed.” – Travis Brown
- “It was a conscious decision. I'm just gonna go all in on this one platform. If I can't grow one, how can I grow them all?” – Travis Brown
- “If you log in and you go, ‘I don't like it here,’ then you're not gonna use it. Right. So leaning into the platform that you actually use is really smart — just on a human level, like on a basic level.” – Andréa Jones
- “That's going to move the needle more than just trying to rush something out to get something out. I think that's something people fall into.” – Travis Brown
- “That's a challenge for a lot of business owners who don't view themselves as creators because they're so focused on pushing out something versus creating a community space where people actually wanna come back to your content again and again.” – Andréa Jones
- “The first thing has to hook them in. If it doesn't, they're not gonna slide to the rest of the story.” – Travis Brown
- “I get enough shares and I get enough comments to tickle the algorithm in the right way where it's going to say, ‘Hey, I think this is relevant to other people. Let's show it outside of his followers.’” – Travis Brown
- “I love the quality that you're putting in. I think oftentimes we shy away from that as business owners. We just wanna put in five minutes of work and have it go viral. And that's really not how it works.” – Andréa Jones
- “That's where it really becomes a fabric in a community as opposed to just another account to like.” – Travis Brown
- “Something as simple as 15 minutes a day can make a huge difference in your business. And if someone's taking the time to leave a comment on your post, give back to them, because that is rare.” – Andréa Jones
About the Guest:
Travis Brown is your podcast Good Samaritan.
His mission is to help creators grow top ranked shows, collect raving fans, and monetize themselves to become full time creators through his punk rock ethos and do it yourself attitude.
He’s launched hundreds of podcasts and edited thousands at Podcast Buddy. He created a tool called Pod Decks for creators to always spark a great conversation.He runs a mastermind group for podcasters at Podcast Builder Club.
Being a full time creator isn’t as complicated as you may think. Travis wants to help you grow your podcast and live the life of your dreams.
Websites: poddecks.com, podcastbuddy.co, SocialBoom.me
Check out Travis's pod decks with over 3,000 interview questions and prompts
Great article, I think I have the same opinion as you. I hope you will have many more good articles.
fireboy and watergirl