3 words: Micro. Video. Content. It’s the name of the game on social media right now. But what if you’re “not a video person”? Good news…
You don’t have to be a natural-born video star to crush it on TikTok. And pretending won’t work (plus, will drain your energy). Instead, do what I do: play to your strengths. I’m a talker, so talking-head-style videos are my thing.
Next, listen to this episode today for my 3 easy ways to create micro video content, so you can start showing up in the world — the way YOU want to tomorrow.
In this episode of the podcast, I talk about:
- What micro video content is
- Which platforms micro video content perform best on
- 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes — the ideal video content for quick wins
- Why you should leverage TikTok, even if you're not creating video content yet
- My go-to shortcuts for shaving some serious time off your video content creation
- How to decide which type of micro video content to create
- Are you making this BIG mistake with TikTok and Instagram Reels?
- Talking-head-style content: what is it and how do you create it?
- The formula for becoming memorable on social media
- Where to get a quick, FREE script to jumpstart your micro-video-content journey
- TikTok vs Instagram: where to edit your micro video content
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Sendible Social Media Management Tool
The all-in-one social media management tool that my agency uses every day to schedule posts and analyze our social media results. Try them out for yourself today.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “TikTok is changing the landscape of social media with micro video content: when we look at Instagram, now we have Instagram Reels. When we look at YouTube, now we have YouTube shorts. When we look at Pinterest, now we have Idea Pins, and all of these placements are a cause and effect of TikTok and its rising popularity.”
- “How do we create content in these spaces considering these changes, even if we're not a video person?”
- “I want you to think about how you like showing up in the world, and what makes you the most comfortable. And tie that into how much time it’s gonna take you to create these assets.”
- “When we're creating that top-of-funnel content, we wanna make sure we're speaking to the right people.”
- “We don't wanna create purely custom content for social media. Think about this like a commercial jingle. What are the themes? What are the topics? What are the subjects that you talk about consistently? Leverage that. You will feel repetitive, but you will become memorable to people.”
- “If you have 1 to 3 seconds, what are you gonna say to get someone to watch the rest of the video? That's your hook.”
- “When you're thinking about creating micro video content, I want you to think about the trending sound first, then add your niche, your business, and your perspective to that trend.”
- “You can take something that has already worked well for you in the past, repurpose it into an Instagram Reel or a TikTok, post it, and see how it does. We did this for one of our clients recently. And the first time we did it, her video got 30,000 views.”
Episode 151: Should Your Business Be On TikTok?
Episode 173: What is TikTok & How Can You Use It for Your Business?
Episode 200: My 7 Biggest Marketing Fails (& Hugest Win!)
Savvy Social School