Even before this pandemic, social media could be a source of frustration and stress. I’ve had my own social media struggles but also know these unique platforms can create joyful experiences, especially for business owners looking for a way to feel more connected to their clients.
I’m excited to share how meditation has impacted my approach to social media, my framework for navigating social media in a more mindful way, and simple actions to help ease the overwhelm and find joy in social media again!
In this podcast episode, I share:
- Positive and negative aspects of using social media as a business owner
- My experience of learning how to meditate with the Headspace app
- The benefits of a no-notification strategy and how to make it work for you
- Suggestions for approaching social media in a mindful way
- The power of approaching social media with more compassion
- Details about my new series “Social Media Unwind”
Listen to the episode here:
- “We’re all self-isolating because of coronavirus… there’s almost a collective anxiety we can feel online.”
- “After I started meditating, I was able to regulate my emotions around social media, how I approached my business and my life, and things just got better from there…”
- “I missed a few messages and I found out it was OKAY.”
- “If you set yourself an intention for what you want to do with social media, the more likely you are to get it because you’re able to name it.”
- “Wrap everything in compassion…imagine a giant virtual hug you want to give to everybody.”
Social Media Unwind series
This Episode Is Made Possible By:
- Traject Social (formerly Social Report): The world’s most complete social media management platform and my social media management tool of choice.
- Savvy Social School: Everything you need to increase visibility, growth, and engagement on social media
Even before this pandemic, social media could have been a source of stress and unhappiness. I’ve experienced my own social media challenges, but I also know that these unique platforms can offer delight, especially for business owners seeking a way to feel more connected to their customers.