Every time you click play on a YouTube tutorial or a product review video, you’re increasing engagement for someone else’s business. The good news is, you can boost your own business by sharing your own videos with quality content.
I know making videos can sound overwhelming, so if you’re still on the fence about adding videos to your marketing strategy, listen in as I dig into the data about how powerful video really is in 2020!
In this podcast episode, I share:
- What consumers say about when, how, and why they watch videos
- How video ads impact consumers and why YouTube is outpacing Facebook Ads
- How videos can be used as learning tools that influence purchasing decisions
- The power of mobile-friendly videos and videos with captions
- My personal theory about using videos to capture attention
- Realistic suggestions for creating quality video content without feeling overwhelmed
- How I plan to use video for my own business
- Important information about Facebook’s latest update
- How the Savvy Social School offers support as you navigate using video to grow your business
Listen to the episode here:
- “When we’re looking at video and it’s effectiveness, I want to know what consumers say about video. I want to see that data.”
- “As consumers, [Instagram Story ads] don't feel as intrusive as other ads; the content being created there is native to the stories; it looks like an Instagram Story.”
- “If you think about how you interact with video content, even if you don’t click like or leave a comment or anything, just by looking at that content, you’re telling the algorithm that content is more valuable than the static images around it.”
- “Focus on creating quality work that actually captures the attention of your audience, and spend more time on that quality work than creating quantities of posts that people aren’t engaging with.”
- “It wasn’t polished, it wasn’t perfect, but it got the top engagement of the month because I just kind of showed up as I was.”
3 Part Video Series on YouTube Demonstrating Headliner
Video Marketing Statistics and What Brands Need to Know
Social Video Trends Consumer Report 2020
Video Marketing Statistics about Videos As Learning Tools
The Latest on Facebook Video and Mobile Device Trend
Digital Discovery Case Study about Using Video Captions
Facebook Announcement: Messenger Rooms, Facebook & Instagram Live, & More!
This Episode Is Made Possible By:
- Traject Social (formerly Social Report): The world’s most complete social media management platform and my social media management tool of choice.
- Savvy Social School: Everything you need to increase visibility, growth, and engagement on social media
Andréa Jones is a social media strategist who works with lifestyle brands to build their online presence through targeted social media and content marketing solutions. She's also the founder of SavvySocialSchool.com – a membership community with everything you need to achieve visibility, growth, and engagement on social media.