It’s so easy to worry about your stats on social media and get lost in vanity metrics. Instead of worrying about how many likes or followers you’re getting, it’s better to just focus on taking action and allowing yourself to just “Create and Go!”
In this podcast episode, we share:
- Why Alex’s first blog failed and the lessons he learned
- The importance of focusing on how you can help others through your business
- Alex’s social media experience before and after using Pinterest
- Recommendations for using Pinterest if you’re starting a blog
- The power of leveraging your platform and making sales while you sleep
- How you can measure your success on Pinterest
- The value of sales-centric content and meeting your target market’s needs
- Advice for anyone interested in starting their first blog
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
- “The focus was correct. The focus was on helping other people before helping myself.”
- “Our best skill has always been ‘Let’s just try it!’”
- “The only KPI you should ever measure is improving your sales; make sure people are moving through the funnel like they should be.”
- “Just because something is loved by the masses does not mean it’s going to be profitable and also doesn’t mean it’s right for you and your business.”
- “Just start. If it ends up not working, then it ends up not working, and you can try something new.”
About Alex Nerney:
Alex is the founder of Create and Go, an online blog that teaches others how to start a blog and eventually make money online. Alex and his partner Lauren quit their jobs, sold almost everything they owned and went all-in blogging. Within their first year, they made $103,000 blogging. By year three, they are currently making over $100,000 per month online! And the best thing is Alex and his partner Lauren live their life completely on their terms often traveling the world.
Connect with Alex:
How to Start a Blog – https://createandgo.com/how-to-start-a-blog/
How to Make Money Blogging – https://createandgo.com/how-to-make-money-blogging/
This Episode Is Made Possible By:
- Social Report: The world’s most complete social media management platform and my social media management tool of choice.
- Savvy Social School: Everything you need to increase visibility, growth, and engagement on social media
Nice Post!Thanks for sharing valuable information.