Community building is a central part of growing a sustainable business, especially in the early stages of starting a business or when you’re still using organic growth methods.
Building an online community using social media is very similar to dating in some ways, especially if you’re an introvert. While we would like to just sit back and wait for someone to notice us and our business, more often than not, you’re gonna have to put yourself out there and be proactive about the process.
So how do you build and manage a community without spending all your time scrolling on social media or stressing about being canceled?
In this episode of the podcast, I talk about:
- Our community first approach that builds your social media presence
- How to remove the “desperate” energy when engaging with others
- The subtle mistake business owners make when managing positive comments
- Protecting your mental health when you get negative comments
- The number one advice for managing your community with a team
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Fanbooster by Traject
The world’s most complete social media management tool and my tool of choice when it comes to scheduling, managing, and especially reporting on social media. Try them out for yourself for free.
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “As a business owner, especially if we’re new, we have to actively put ourselves out there so people know what we do.”
- “Make sure it’s a two-way human conversation.”
- “Think of paid advertising as fuel to a fire, you gotta have a little bit of a flame first before you add the fuel.”
- “You can’t just be speaking out into the void and hoping people will find and buy from you. Your community is really the backbone of your social media strategy.”
Savvy Social School
Episode 155 – Understanding Your Social Media Buyer's Journey
Episode 148 – Create Social Media Marketing Messages That Work
Episode 115 – The Social Media Success Framework
Comparison and Social Media – Social Media Unwind Podcast
Hire a Social Media Manager
I had a great time reading your content and found it to be really beneficial. Play cat mario with me if you have some free time.