Writing social media captions and posts can be a struggle for anyone, copywriters included. The trick is to just get started, even when you don’t feel 100% ready.
Kira Hug knows what it’s like to take the plunge and go for it, and shares her hustle to building her business, how she built a solid Facebook community, how she really stands out and shows up on social media, and some tips for what to say when you don’t know what to post on social media!
In this podcast episode, we share:
- How Kira first got into copywriting and her journey as a business owner
- The story behind Kira’s Copywriter Club
- Kira’s strategy for building a thriving Facebook community
- Kira’s approach for posting and creating conversations within her Facebook group
- How copywriters can use social media to share their knowledge with others
- Advice for how to create posts people will care about
Listen to the episode here:
- “It was saying YES and not knowing how to do everything, either.”
- “Once you taste what community can do for you professionally, you want more of it.”
- “It started with being really strategic of who we invited, then creating a safe space, creating conversations that people cared about, and creating this resource that just didn’t exist in the way we saw it.”
- “If you show up in a way that helps you connect with another individual, it opens up so much more opportunity for you.”
Kira is the co-founder of The Copywriter Club and co-host of The Copywriter Club Podcast. On top of all that, Kira is also a conversion copywriter who specializes in personality-driven launch copy. She helps small business owners package their ‘weird’ following her signature Weird Trifecta Framework™.
In a previous life, Kira was an art major and worked with global brands like Estee Lauder Companies. She also led the marketing team for startups like ActionableBooks.com and global health nonprofits. Today, Kira refers to herself as a Copy Chef (she dresses the part!), and she leads a team of multiple copywriters in a flex micro-agency focused on personality-driven sales copy for course, membership and program launches.
Connect with Kira:
The Copywriter Club Facebook Group
This Episode Is Made Possible By:
- Traject Social (formerly Social Report): The world’s most complete social media management platform and my social media management tool of choice.
- Savvy Social School: Everything you need to increase visibility, growth, and engagement on social media
Andréa Jones is a social media strategist who works with lifestyle brands to build their online presence through targeted social media and content marketing solutions. She's also the founder of SavvySocialSchool.com – a membership community with everything you need to achieve visibility, growth, and engagement on social media.