If you’re a coach, thought leader, or online expert — your zone of genius is helping people. But you’re also a business owner, which means you have to sell your services and knowledge. Or do you?
Because the most successful passion-led entrepreneurs on social media aren’t selling. They’re storytelling! Discover how to stand out with your own tales in this week’s episode.
In this episode of the podcast, I talk about:
- How to stand out on social media when competition is steep and engagement declining
- The 2 main types of content you're posting on social media
- A crucial question to ask yourself when determining WHY your content isn't gaining traction
- What the 3 Ws are and how they can ensure your posts are resonating with your target audience
- Why it's so, so important to empathize with your audience at EVERY stage of their buyer's journey
- How powerful storytelling is for your social posts
- What you're missing out on by ignoring TikTok
- One of the easiest ways to boost your engagement (that won't cost you a penny!)
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Sendible Social Media Management Tool
The all-in-one social media management tool that my agency uses every day to schedule posts and analyze our social media results. Try them out for yourself today.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “That's the type of content that stands out. It's the type of content that people remember. It's the type of content that we laugh at. We text our girlfriends and say, ‘Have you seen this cute cat? Or is it just me?’ It's really the type of content that resonates with us as humans.”
- “Nobody logs onto social media and says, ‘Oh, I hope I see a post about some masterclass today. Or I hope I see a post with someone trying to sell me something.’”
- “Those stories add a connection point with your clients and your potential clients, so they begin to know you. They begin to know your perspective enough that they trust you. And they look forward to your posts because they feel like they're on this journey with you, that you understand them, and that you can really relate to where they're at.”
- “Maximizing your content by putting it on platforms like TikTok is a smart move. TikTok is setting the pace for a lot of things that are happening in social media today.”
- “Talk about yourself. People like it.”
- “One of my top posts from 2021 was me announcing my pregnancy on social media. People wanted to celebrate with me.”
Check out Kara Loewentheil's Instagram account
Episode 188 – What Businesses Lose by Boycotting Social Media with Rik Courtney