Social media can sometimes be a loud Wild West, full of differing opinions and perspectives which makes it easy to get swept up in the content, comments, and emotions that come with it.
But as business owners who are regularly social media, how can we become less reactive to what we see and more mindful of the impact social media can have on our emotions?
In this episode, we talk about:
- What Stoicism is and how we can apply it in business
- Navigating differing opinions online
- How to utilize emotional intelligence to communicate effectively on social media
- Internal strategies to train ourselves to be less reactive and more intentional
- Our opinions on cancel culture
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Fanbooster by Traject
The world’s most complete social media management tool and my tool of choice when it comes to scheduling, managing, and especially reporting on social media. Try them out for yourself for free.
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “It’s not about not having emotions, it’s about not letting them control you.”
- “I think people really need to take a step back and think, what’s my agenda here?”
- “What’s the outcome you want from this conversation if you choose to respond?”
- “Is my truth the only truth or is there another way to look at this?”
- “You really need to believe your values and get clear on what your values are.”
About the Guest:
Sarah Mikutel is an American expat based in England and believes freedom is about more than getting on a plane — it’s about becoming the most heroic version of yourself.
As a certified clarity and performance coach, Sarah blends the ancient wisdom of the Enneagram and Stoicism with modern psychology to help clients create lives that set their soul on fire.
A Black Musician Takes on the KKK – A Slight Change of Plans Podcast
Cancel Culture is Robbing You of This…(and How Stoicism Can Help) – LIVE without Borders Podcast
LIVE without Borders