Fun fact from the BBC – after conducting a study with over 1000 social media users asking them how social media made them feel, they found that it tended to not only add stress to the users life but also increased awareness of other people’s stress.
But the catch is, social media is also an amazing tool for creating connections, building your audience, and growing your business. It’s a bit of a situationship. Some days we absolutely love it, and some days it can be completely toxic, and somehow we can’t seem to let it go.
So how can we use social media in a healthy way, without burning out or growing resentful of the apps?
In this episode of the podcast, I talk about:
- How to use social media for your business when it feels stressful
- A resource to help you with creating healthy boundaries with social media and how you want to use it
- The benefits of meditation for social media
- The number one tip for removing social media stress
- The role of compassion when using social media
This Episode Was Made Possible By:
Fanbooster by Traject
The world’s most complete social media management tool and my tool of choice when it comes to scheduling, managing, and especially reporting on social media. Try them out for yourself for free.
Social Media Rockstar Framework Free Course
The Social Media Rockstar Framework is your chance to pull back the curtain and get insights on how to build a social media strategy that works for you, learn how to create (and implement) a simple and effective content plan, convert followers into buyers, and much more.
Register for this FREE course and gain the confidence you need to use social media as a tool to grow your business.
Listen to the episode here:
Or listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or Stitcher.
Watch the episode here:
- “No, you don’t need to delete social media, but you also don’t have to be completely dragged by it either.”
- “It’s so easy to view social media as a chore or with resentment, but there are things you can do to have a mindful relationship with social media…so that you don’t feel the burnout.”
- “Compassion is an incredibly powerful tool to combat the general online anger.”
- “Because we have this feedback within our own heads of all the things we’ve done wrong, that we log into social media and it reinforces all of those things. So just give your brain a break for a sec.”
Social Media Unwind
Social Media Unwind Episode 1: Exploring Your Relationship with Social Media
Hire a Social Media Manager here